Magic Links for client authentication.
What are Magic Links? They’re a secure way for your clients to login to dealcloser without the need for a password or an account. By implementing Magic Links, we are creating a better experience for your clients—all they’ll need to do to access their documents is click a button in the dealcloser email they receive and they’ll be logged in.
So how does it work? Basically the same as before:
- Click “Manage People on Project”, “Invite People to this Project”, and “Your clients”
- Fill in their first name, last name and email
- They will be added to the project but the invite will not be sent immediately. This is now permanent—the option to send the invitation email immediately is no longer available for clients (you can still invite Collaborators immediately using the appropriate checkbox on the Collaborator invite page)
- When you’ve added all your clients, go back to the Manage People page
- When you’re ready to invite your clients to the project, click “Invite” by their name. You can always resend the invitation by clicking “Resend”
Your clients will now receive an email invitation to dealcloser and all they need to do is click the “Access Your Documents” button to view and sign documents. No more accounts, no more passwords.
Your clients can now only access their projects using an email containing a Magic Link. If your client need a fresh Magic Link, you can click “Resend” on the Manage People page or “Notify Authorities” and they’ll get a new email with a Magic Link.
As part of this release, you can also edit your clients’ emails without making a support request. To edit a client’s email:
- Click “Manage People”
- Click the pencil icon beside the email you need to change
- Edit the email
- Check the box beside “Send a welcome email to this new email address.”
- Click “Submit”
If you need to change a client’s name, you’ll still need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll update the name for you in no tim
We now offer 2-Step Verification as an additional layer of account security. To turn on 2-Step Verification:
- Click your initials in the top right corner
- Click 2-Step Verification
- Enter your phone number
- Click “Enable 2-Step Verification”
From now on, you’ll be texted an authentication code each time you login. You can disable 2-Step Verification by following the above steps and clicking “Disable 2-Step Verification”.
for firm administrators.
If your firm policies require 2-Step Verification for each user at your firm, you can require 2-Step Verification for all users by:
- Click “My Firm”
- Click “Manage Firm Security”
- Click “Require 2-Step Verification”
This will force all firm users to set up 2-Step Verification. To disable this requirement, follow the above steps and click “Disable 2-Step Verification”.